Monday 2 December 2013

Meet Frank.

IMG_1651
Frank is my new best friend! Frank is a body scrub, a coffee body scrub to be precise. I came across him on instagram (@frank_bod) and was presented with pictures of gorgeous women with enviable figures and the promise of smooth skin and a revived complexion…SOLD! What can I say, the cheeky captions loaded with innuendos won me over.

About

So, Frank is a dry scrub that is full of minerals, essential oils and oxidants and obviously a high caffeine content. To use this scrub to its full potential you massage onto damp skin in circular motions, concentrating on your problem areas and leave the scrub to dry for 5-10 minutes to let the caffeine get to work, then rinse off the scrub! You only need about two small handfuls of scrub for your whole body or you can choose to scrub problem areas only (about one handful) as this scrub aims to target cellulite. You can also use this on your face too although its not advised if you have sensitive skin as it is quite course.

IMG_1647

Ingredients


Roasted and Ground Arabica coffee beans - Target cellulite and stretch marks

Brown Sugar and sea salt - Smooth lumps and bumps

Cold pressed sweet almond oil - Moisturise and improve skintone

Orange essence - Smells nice

IMG_1676

Thoughts

I have used this product several times, about 1-2 times a week, and it leaves my skin silky soft and just generally improves the appearance of my skin, I have Keratosis pilaris on my upper arms and although it has improved over the years, I feel this scrub has helped with the stubborn rough areas. The website’s FAQ mentions that they have had positive feedback regarding Frank helping with other skin problems such as eczema and acne, although it will take a good few weeks to see results…patience my friends..patience! On the plus side, soft skin is noticed after your very first scrub!

A word of warning though, as Frank is primarily made of coffee the smell is somewhat overpowering (duh) and if you hate the smell of coffee well then this isn’t for you.

Extra Deets

The company is based in Australia but they ship worldwide (shipping time and costs varies depending on where you are in the world). My Frank got to me about 10 days after I ordered him and cost $21.40 (£12.07) for 200g, which is pretty decent for such a great product. A new Frank is now available for the warmer months (as it is summer in the land of Oz) and is packed with coconut and grapeseed oil. For more info and to buy your very own Frank go to frankbody.com.

IMG_1642
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...