Thursday 5 December 2013

‘I heart…’ Book Series

IMG_1705

I love reading…whether it’s an autobiography, a classic novel or an easy-going book aimed at teens. The ‘I heart…’ series by Lindsey Kelk is one of my all time favourites. The first book (I heart New York) in the series actually came free with Glamour magazine, I think it was, a few years ago and I read it on holiday not expecting much from it, but Boy do I loves it! The minute I came home I scoured the bookshops for the rest and bought the next 3 (Hollywood, Paris and Vegas).

The story follows the whirlwind life of Angela Clark, who after catching  her fiancé cheating on her, ups and leaves her life in England and flies out to New York. Angela’s new crazy life filled with new friendships, men and opportunities (as well as the odd unfortunate event) is documented in this easy and fun read. Sure it isn’t the hard –hitting, factual book with a complex story line but it is a great chick lit and the characters and settings make it awesome! Plus sometimes I feel like I can relate to Angela…if only I had the funds to jump on a plane and head to the big apple…*sigh*.

I recently ordered the latest two books in the series (London and Christmas) and cannot wait to find out what happens next. Another thing I love about these books (as you may know I love travelling) is that at the end of each one there is a proposed itinerary which features some of ‘Angela’s’ favourite hotels, shops and attractions in each of the cities the story is featured in.

Has anyone else read these books? If so, Do you love them as much as I do?
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...