Tuesday 17 December 2013

The Weekend Post: Fairy Lights & Diamond Rings

rosso

Last weekend I met up with a couple of my besties and we headed to Manchester. We had lunch at a restaurant called Rosso, which is owned by Rio Ferdinand (who plays for Manchester United for those who are not familiar with the football world!). We’d never been before, but I knew it advertises a fine dining experience of the Italian variety and that it’s often a celebrity haunt (the walls are plastered in photos of celebs who have visited). Unfortunately we didn’t bump into anyone famous, but it was definitely an experience!

231
IMG_1742

It’s situated in a slightly posh area of the city centre, with lavish old buildings and a Vivienne Westwood right next door, and plenty of super nice cars. There is a doorman that greets you and a swarm of employees dressed all in black that offer to take your coat and seat you. We didn’t book a table and although it was quite full we managed to get seated straight away. The interior is b.e.a.utiful, high ceilings, lots and lots of fairy lights and garlands of ivy and baubles for the festive season. Our waiters were Italian and posh and I felt so out of place haha!I ordered a mocktail called Inhibition which was passion fruity and yummy, and I went for the safe option of a 4 cheese pizza, although it was a laced with patches of a greenish grey substance (Soz if you are eating whilst reading this), I can only assume it was blue cheese. It started out okay, but half way through I was starting to regret my choice and was feeling sick, clearly my stomach isn’t accustomed to anything other than cheddar, mozzarella or halloumi. On the upside the portions were big and the prices were not as bad as I thought they were going to be.

drink
IMG-20131214-WA0036

Although I think I'm definitely more comfortable in a Nandos, it was a nice restaurant, with a lovely atmosphere and I probably would go back, although next time I’d choose something else off the menu!

20131214_143215

After lunch, we made our way through the busy city centre and had a look in a few shops, including Selfridges and of course Tiffany’s. My friend and I were just drooling over all the beautiful diamond encrusted rings, not literally of course…that’d be embarrassing!

11
10
9

The city was lit up in lots of pretty fairy lights (in case you haven’t picked up on it yet…I'm a sucker for twinkly lights!) and the German Christmas markets filled the streets! I love Christmas time in the UK and visiting all the markets in different cities, I go every year and each year I buy pancakes with Nutella..they are just SO good!

12
7
8
6
IMG_1836
5

Who else loves Christmas Markets?
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...