Monday 13 January 2014

Time for Change: Hair Inspiration

Oh wow. Bad Aya! I’m so bad at this blogging thing…I haven’t written for a while, life gets in the way I guess. Well hopefully this will change…I have a few post ideas I’m working on but honestly lately I’ve not been very inspired. I should really be more organized (I dooo like to make lists..) and come up with a schedule to post, but I don’t tend to follow schedules =/... and I’m late all the time…ask my friends. Anyways I apologise and now we are swiftly moving on as that was a little off topic!

*  *  *

So to cut the long story short, I think I’m going to chop off my hair (LOL see what I did there…anyone? ooookayy!). I get very easily bored with my hair, and normally I get a short cut then grow it out and enjoy long locks then decide to cut it all off again. Throughout the course of my life I’ve had almost every cut imaginable, from a Pixie cut to knee- length hair (yes..you read that right..sure I was younger and therefore shorter but it was so very Rapunzel like), I’ve had a short crazy curly crop (I like to call it the microphone hair) and the slightly emo choppy multi-layered ‘do which was so in when I was at school (*cringe*).

Right now, my hair has reached my lower back and is not in the best of conditions. The ends have become frail and are 90% split ends…plus I burned off a small end chunk of my hair on curling irons which isn’t ideal. Safe to say I’ve been needing a change, I just wasn’t sure what kind of change. I’ve battled with the idea of a fringe/bangs: pros- looks cute (Zooey Deschanel is responsible for that), you can get away with not doing your brows for longer, cons- I have commitment issues, and get annoyed with hair in my face. Luckily, I won one of the 12 Days of Christmas competitions Teni from Miss Maven was hosting…and what did I win you ask, well…the Bellami Clip-in bangs! Yay..so now I don’t have to commit to them and can change up my look whenever I want.

I’ve been googling hair inspo in my spare time, and I’m loving these collar bone length cuts, so I think that’s what I’m gonna go for! It’s always a sad day when you have to cut your hair (well..for me it is..haha it may sound pathetic but I think hair is a big part of your identity and it’s sort of my comfort blanket). At the very least my hair will look healthier and I may be more inclined to style it (I have been in a hair style rut of messy top knots, high pony tails and beanies the past 3 months), plus what were hair extensions made for?!

hair

What do you think?
signature

3 comments:

  1. I get bored with my hair too, so I cut it...then let it grow....then cut it again...


    http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com/
    Enter Our iPhone Case Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it'll look lovely :) plus, if you don't like it-you're safe in the knowledge that it will grow back!!
    L xo
    Head-full-of-flowers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my post :)

    http://lana-loves-lipgloss.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...